Monday, February 1, 2010

day twenty-six.


i spent the weekend in chicagoland, celebrating my friend ashley's upcoming wedding.
we took the weird chicago bus tour (of the red light district & haunted pub varieties). it was a lot of fun and crazy. i would be interested in doing it again, but perhaps the "devil & the white city" or al capone versions.

we did pay a visit to one of these, in an unassuming walk-up:



and then i had a moment of convergence, when a photo from an hour before converged with some bathroom graffiti:



we finished the night at a place called lulu's, for baskets of fried things.
this guy showed up:

i ended up with a hotel room to myself, since not many stayed the night.
one bed was entirely dedicated to my unused pillows:


the dessert table at sunday's shower:

many more pictures, stories to share, but perhaps via other avenues.
for now, i have a healthy sleep deficit to dismantle.

2 comments:

  1. I can't see the photo of what you paid a visit to... could just be my work computer being stupid. But, I watched that episode of the Simpsons last night. "Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and then the baby looked at me."

    That chocolate fountain looks heavenly. Glad you had a great time. When is her wedding again?

    I would love to do the "devil & the white city" tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there should be a youtube video there, from that same episode.
    the wedding is march 13th! and we should get a group together this summer for some tour shenanigans, definitely.

    ReplyDelete